How to find the Facebook profile ID?
For different purposes you may anytime need to know your facebook profile ID, suppose for adding a Facebook plugin in wordpress or adding the facebook like button with opengraph protocol (to place in fb:admins meta) in your website etc. But what may be the case, sometimes finding petty things becomes too tough or quite out of the ordinary.
So just to make your life easier, let’s quickly go through these two ways, and use the procedure that is convenient for you!
Long way (layman style)
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/
- Login to your account.
- Visit your “Photos” under Apps
- Click on “My Albums“
- Now hover your mouse over “Videos” link as in picture below, you will see in the statusbar of your browser, a link text somehow similar to “https://www.facebook.com/video/?id=123456789″.
- From this full link copy/write down the “123456789″ portion (your profile ID) which you will find right after the “https://www.facebook.com/video/?id=”.
Short way (developer style)
We will use opengraph to find out your facebook profile ID.
- Go to http://graph.facebook.com/USERNAME
- Replace “USERNAME” with your Facebook user/profile name.
- You will get your profile details as shown in the picture below.
The above example is from “Mark Zuckerberg’s” opengraph details (Don’t know Mark Zuckerberg?) with his profile name “zuck“. By visiting: http://graph.facebook.com/zuck , we get ‘4‘ as his facebook profile ID.