Month of elevens – November 2011 Calendar Wallpaper
We are fascinated by numbers and in daily lives numbers play an important role. From calendar dates, clocks, to binary digits in computers, numbers are everywhere. The more we are evolving numbers are becoming a priority of our life. This year 2011 is having some interesting repetitions related to the number 1. We are having some unusual dates this year: 1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11. (For those who missed our Jan 2011 card, please have a look).
Now we have chosen 11 as our this month’s theme, and named it as “November – the month of elevens(11s)“.
For iPhone Wallpaper :
For iPad Wallpaper :
11 facts about eleven:
The number 11 seems special to many for different reasons.
1. In systems such as Astrology and basic Numerology, eleven is considered to be a Master Number.
2. Soccer, Cricket, American football and field hockey are all played with teams of 11 players on the field.
3. World War I ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.
4. In Mathematical terms 11 is also a prime number.
5. The sun spot cycle repeats about every 11 years.
6. 11 is the fourth number that stays the same when written upside down.
7. In England the number 11 sometimes appears in the decoration of Easter cakes.
8. A rocket must travel at over 11km per second to escape the Earth’s gravity.
9. The deepest point of the ocean floor is 11km at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.
10. 11 has many references in bible and enjoys a special position in biblical prophecies.
11. Many people sees 11:11 everywhere and relates it to a special belief that it is pre-encoded trigger placed in our cellular memory. Some belief something special will happen and they are the chosen one. Many also believe it is a sign that this is the 11th hour and the end is near.
Since few more days are only remaining for 2011, before we gear up for the December holidays hope you enjoy every day be it 1-11-11 or 11-11-11 .