To my utter dismay after twice restarting the PC and nautilus too, I could not use dropbox. The link was sitting perfectly in Applications> Internet> Dropbox but right after clicking it the tray icon flashed in the system tray/notification area for a few seconds and then vanished.
sudo killall nautilus
$ killall nautilus
mentioned there didn’t work ….
I was really frustrated after clicking it a couple of times and got a bizarre instruction here. So after reading the post I too did the same and Yahoooooo… (Nope, I did find the post with Google 🙂 ) It did work!
In Short What I did:
- Right clicked on the networking icon in the top notification area and disabled networking.
- Clicked this link in my PC again – Applications> Internet> Dropbox
- The setup dialog did show up!
- Right clicked on the networking icon in the top notification area and enabled networking.
- The setup took 4-5 secs to detect the Internet connection.
- Now I continued with the connection configuration as instructed.
- Got my dropbox in UBUNTU pc!
- The total process took just 5 mins.
Hope this funny hack helps someone too.